OGPI bags safety and environment awards in 64th AMSEC
OceanaGold (Philippines) Inc. has again proven its excellence in occupational health and safety, sound environmental management, and community development during the 64th Annual National Mine Safety and Environment Conference (ANMSEC) held in Baguio City last November 21-24. The Company received the following prestigious awards:
· Safest Mining Operation Award;
· Safest Surface Mining Operation Award;
· Safest Mineral Processing Award – Concentrator Category;
· PMIEA Selection Committee Platinum Achievement Award – Surface Mining Operation Category; and
· 1st Runner-up Best Mining Forest – Metallic Mining Operation Category.
Our pursuit for excellence and continuous improvement do not stop here. This is a green light for us to perform even better in what we do best – delivering quality and safe workplace for our employees, protecting the environment for future generations, and materializing our commitments to communities where we operate in. OceanaGold continues to become the forerunner and template of responsible mining in the Philippines and the ASEAN Region.
Through our collaborative efforts, we are able to prove that we are a valued and significant part of our society. The hardworking men and women of the Didipio Mine are truly pillars of hope for our families and communities.